Woodland Creek Soay Rams

Woodland Creek Soay Rams
Soay Sheep Ram Assortment

Thursday, April 12, 2007

What a day! Now at last I have a Farmall Cub Tractor

I have wanted for many years to own a International Farmall Cub tractor. I have watched eBay auctions, local ads, farm ads, and it always seemed that the good deals were in Ohio or New York or somewhere back East. It is way too expensive to go that far for a little tractor. There have been a few locally, and in each case there were many mechanical problems, parts missing, cracked radiator bases, welded blocks, etc. etc. So today as I leave our property to run an errand, there, about 1,000 yards down our street, is a Farmall Cub parked at the road with a For Sale sign on it.
After returning from my errands and go inspect the tractor. It is in very good shape. So now I own it. Runs fine - I drove it home! Here it is: (click photo to enlarge).


By the serial number it is a 1948 Cub. It has a faded, worn sticker showing that it was perhaps sold but at least serviced right here in Puyallup, Washington. Nice to have a "local".

No comments: